Notes from the Superintendent

It is hard to believe this is the last newsletter of 2012.  Where has the year gone?  For the most part, the weather has been seasonably nice.   Hopefully, the winter will be similar to last year.

Last month, I had mentioned schedule reminders had been added to the right hand side of our website.  I hope you are finding this as useful as I do.   The district is currently working on listing a picture with a short biography of each staff member.  The goal is to have this available after the first of the year.

As the weather begins to get colder, I am encouraging you to make sure your children are dressed properly when getting on the bus or driving to school.  This also includes any students involved in any extracurricular activities.  I encourage you to please call ahead of time if your children will not be riding the bus or if the bus will have trouble getting in or out of your yard.  If a bus cannot get in or out of your yard, students may be asked to possibly walk or be brought to the corner to get on the bus.

I will be using Instant Alert to notify you as parents of any school closing for weather.  Please make sure you have updated your Instant Alert profile.  The website can be accessed by going to the school website and clicking on Instant Alert tab, located on the left hand side.  If you have not created a profile or your number has changed, please contact the school and I will change the number in the system.  Any closing will also be posted on the television (KMOT and KXMC) and KBTO radio.

On behalf of my family, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  Have a safe and enjoyable Christmas break.