Traveling and things

The cold weather is here and it is here to stay I feel!  We are now full throttle into basketball season and that means traveling to and fro.  Please make sure your son/daughter is getting on the bus with the appropriate gear.  They should, at a minimum, have a coat, hat and gloves when traveling to basketball games.  Tomorrow marks our first trip as a team and temperatures with wind chills could be deadly in a short time.  I have required the above items to be brought with in order to get on the bus.

Also, if your child is riding the bus home with a parent or somebody else, they must have permission.  If a parent is taking a child home after a game, simply letting a coach know face to face at the game would be sufficient.  If a child is riding home with someone other than a parent, like a friends parents, then written permission or face to face permission from the parent of the child must be given.  It’s my job to make sure they are safe when we travel, I’m not trying to make things harder.

Lastly, we talk about how we act as members of the Bottineau Braves Basketball team in other towns gyms.  We expect our kids to act and behave respectfully.  I feel a first impression is made by appearance.  Therefore, I require all kids traveling with the team to away games to dress up in some nicer clothes.  I understand we all don’t have a suit and tie, I’m not asking for that.  I simply request some khaki or black pants and a polo or button up shirt.  No jeans, t-shirts, hats are acceptable.  We want to make a good impression in our actions and appearance.

If you have any questions or concerns about any of our travel procedures, please feel free to email me at nate.simpson@sendit.nodak.edu or call me at the school at 701.228.2266 ext. 105.  Thanks!