Notes from the Superintendent

Where has the year gone? It seems like the school year had just begun and now the calendar is about to turn to 2014. The month of December started out very cold, hopefully 2014 will bring warmer temperatures.

I will again be using Instant Alert to contact you on any school closing or early outs due to the weather. Please make sure to update your profiles or call the school with any changes to your phone number. I will continue to run any closing or early out on KBTO Radio, KXMC TV (CBS) and KMOT TV (NBC). I also encourage parents to visit with their children about dressing properly for the cold weather. With as cold as it has been, students not dressed properly run a risk of possible frost bite. Your help with this is very much appreciated.

The month of January and February will bring many home basketball and hockey games. I am asking parents to visit with their elementary students about their behavior at ballgames. In the past, there are too many students running in the hallways instead of watching the games. Please remind your children the reason to attend a ballgame is to watch. My fear is someone is going to get hurt. If students are in the hallways running around, they will be asked to sit with their parents. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for completing the survey mailed out.
The information gained from these surveys will be very helpful as the district moves forward with our Facilities Master Plan.