End of Season Basketball News and Notes

Well, another season in the books.  At the varsity level, we did not reach our goal of getting to the region tournament.  We came into the tournament as the #8 seed.  We knew coming in we could beat some teams if we played well.  Overall we probably played 3 of our better games of the year during the district tournament.  I guess, as a coach, I can say we peaked at the right time.  I’m proud of the way the boys came out and played with energy, enthusiasm, confidence and together.  We were truly a different team and it was fun to watch.

I’m already planning on meeting with the returning players for next year to talk about our offseason plan.  Look for a schedule to be sent home with your son soon!  First thing coming up is our Jr. Braves camps.  We will be having camps on 7 different days this spring.  The dates and times are open to BOYS AND GIRLS ages K-8.

• March 8th (K-4 from 10-11 AM) (5-8 from 10-Noon)
  • March 15th (K-4 from 10-11 AM) (5-8 from 10-Noon)
  • April 5th (K-4 from 10-11 AM) (5-8 from 10-Noon)
  • April 12th (K-4 from 10-11 AM) (5-8 from 10-Noon)
  • May 27-29 (K-4 from 9-10 AM) (5-8 from 9-Noon)

Look for the Jr. Braves flyer being sent home this week.

Our end of the season awards gathering will be held on Tuesday March 4th at 7:00 pm in the multi-purpose room.  I originally sent out a letter stating it would be on Monday.  I overlooked the fact that the girls have the final night of their district tournament that night, so we have moved it to Tuesday.  Sorry for any confusion or frustration this caused.  After the awards session, we will be having a “Bottineau Basketball Stakeholder Meeting”.  At this meeting, we will discuss some ideas parents have had and line up a plan for the basketball program over the course of a year.  Some things on the docket are:

• Summer Camps
  • Youth Camps
  • Equipment wants/needs
  • Team Camps
  • Open Gyms
  • Clothing
  • Team Gear
  • Practice
  • Parent Participation
  • Youth Practice/Games
  • Other ideas

I’ve had parents approach me with what they could do to help and such, I feel this would be a good time to hear ideas and solicit help in whatever way necessary.  This stakeholder meeting is open to anybody.  You do not have to have kids in basketball or kids at all in order to attend this.  If you simply want to help or have ideas we encourage you to attend.  If you are unable to attend but still have ideas or want information about helping, email me at nate.simspon@sendit.nodak.edu.  Thank you everyone who helped and cheered us on (even during some rough stretches) this season, it is much appreciated!

Coach Simpson