Notes from the Superintendent

It is very hard to believe the 2013-14 school year! is coming to a close. Each school year seems to go quicker. I just hope the summer doesn’t go as fas as the school year. I would like to thank each of you for the opportunity to work with your children and for your support this past year.

The district will be holding a School Demographics Meeting sometime in June. This meeting is a three to five year plan showing information such as past enrollment, current enrollment, projected enrollment, building needs, financials, and current curriculum offerings to name a few. Once this date is set, I will use Instant Alert and the paper for notification. I would encourage everyone to attend.

I have been asked the question “When is the next board election on the building project?” The official date has not yet been set. The district is looking at late summer to early fall. Once this date is set, notification to the public will be given through Instant Alert, the paper, and announced on KBTO. The updated plan for our school project is to bring everyone under one building. The upcoming public forums will be very important as we move forward to gain support in this project. Again, I would encourage everyone to attend.

I would like to thank everyone for their support of the school and myself this past year. Have a safe and enjoyable summer.