Notes from the Superintendent

Where did 2014 go? It is hard to believe this will be the last newsletter of 2014. As I write this letter, a cold spell is now behind us and the temperatures are beginning to rise. Hopefully, we can stay away from the snow table of the areas surrounding Buffalo, New York.

As the weather begins to get colder, I am encouraging you to make sure your children are dressed properly when getting on the bus or driving to school. This also includes any students involved in any extracurricular activities. I encourage you to please call ahead of time if your children will not be riding the bus or if the bus will have trouble getting in or out of your yard. If a bus cannot get in or out of your yard, students may be asked to possibly walk or be brought to the corner to get on the bus.

I will be using Alert Now to notify you as parents of any school closing for weather. The phone number the system calls is automatically taken from the home numbers in Power School. If there has been a change to this number, please let the school know. You may add numbers and e-mail addresses. This can be done by going to the school website athttp://www.bottineau.k12.nd.us. The next step is to click on the parent/student links tab on the top of the page , under this link, click on the power announcements tutorial. This tutorial will guide you through the process. Any closing will also be posted on the television (KMOT and KXMC) and KBTO radio.

On behalf of my family, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Have a safe and enjoyable Christmas break.