Notes from the Superintendent

It is hard to believe 2014 has come to an end. The month of December brought unseasonably nice temperatures. Hopefully, 2015 will bring the same type of weather.

I will again be using Alert Now to contact you on any school closing or early outs due to the weather. Please make sure to update your profiles or call the school with any changes to your phone number. I will continue to run any closing or early out on KBTO Radio, KXMC TV (CBS) and KMOT TV (NBC). I also encourage parents to visit with their children about dressing properly for the cold weather. Students not dressed properly run a risk of possible frost bite. Your help with this is very much appreciated.

The month of January and February will bring many home basketball and hockey games. I am asking parents to visit with their elementary students about their behavior at ballgames. In the past, there are too many students running in the hallways instead of watching the games. Please remind your children the reason to attend a ballgame is to watch. My fear is someone is going to get hurt. If students are in the hallways running around, they will be asked to sit with their parents. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The district is beginning the process of a new building plan to be voted on by the patrons sometime next fall. In January, the board will meeting to begin the planning process on how to move forward. Watch for future newsletters and articles for more information.