Notes from the Superintendent

Dear Patrons,

I hope everyone enjoyed their time with family and friends during the Easter Holiday. With Easter season completed, the school year will soon be coming to an end. The months of April and May will be very busy.

Students in grades 3-8 and 11 will be taking the State Assessment during the month of April. This test is required by the state. The results are used to determine a school districts Adequate Yearly Progress. I encourage parents to visit with their children about doing the very best on these tests. I thank you in advance for your help.

School will not be in session on Friday, April 22nd. This day will be used as a Spring break day to break up the month of April. This will be our final scheduled day off for the 2015-2016 school year.

The district will have a speaker for our grades 6-12 students on Thursday, April 14th. Bob Upgren, a master chalk artist and speaker, will be speaking to our 6-8th grade and 9-12th grade students in two different sessions about making positive choices. His presentation will also include a chalk drawing. I believe our students will really enjoy his presentation. Mr. Upgren will also speak during the evening of April 14th at 7:00 PM in the James Holwell Auditorium. This will be open to the public. There will be a free will donation. I would encourage you to place this date on your calendar. The presentation will be well worth it.