Notes from the Superintendent

Dear Patrons,

The 2016-2017 school year is quickly coming to an end. I am not sure where the year went. Each year seems to go by a little faster. I guess this is a sign of age.

I would like to remind everyone graduation is scheduled to be held at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 28th in the high school gymnasium. The 2017-2018 school year will begin on Wednesday, August 23 and Thursday, August 24th with Teacher Inservice. The first day of school will be Monday, August 28th. The 2017-2018 school calendar can be found on the school website. Click on the calendar that is located in the upper left hand corner.

As everyone knows, I will be resigning my position on June 30th. I would like to take this opportunity to thank a few people, including individuals both past and present. First, I would like to thank the community of Bottineau. I appreciate the kind words and support over the past twelve year. My family and I felt like we were a part of the community from the first day I started work at the Bottineau Public School in 2005. Second, I would like to thank the board for hiring me and giving me the opportunity to work with such a great staff and students. Third, I would like to thank my staff, I have had the opportunity to work with an excellent staff over my twelve years. They are compassionate about the education of our students. I would also like to thank each staff member for their support. Each of you have helped me grow professionally these past twelve years. A special thanks to my business manager, office secretaries and administrators. Your support over the years is very much appreciated. Fourth, I would like to thank the parents. Thank you for the opportunity to work with your children. It was truly an honor and pleasure to work with each of your children over the years. Finally I would like to thank the students. The students are why I chose to go into education. Thank you for all the memories I had attending ball games, concerts, and banquets, basically any events I had the pleasure of attending. I feel very humbled to have had the opportunity to watch many students grow through their school years and go on to be very successful. Again, thank you and best of luck to everyone in the future.

Have a safe and enjoyable summer!

Jason Kersten