Notes from the Superintendent

Dear Patrons,

It is hard to believe that the first quarter of school is already half over, time never seemed to go this fast when I was younger!

Hopefully some of you have been in the school and looked at some of the changes that I talked about in the September Newsletter, if not, I encourage you to stop by. The District is in the process of renovating the current Building Trades building, keep an eye open as you drive by, I know that the upcoming changes will be greatly appreciated by our community. With the school year in full swing, take some time to login to your Parent PowerSchool Account, you can review just about every aspect of your child’s education all in one place (attendance, grades, accounts, etc.). There is a link to PowerSchool on the school website, https://bottineau.ps.state.nd.us/public/home.html. If you can’t remember your login or don’t have one stop by the office or call and we will get you connected.

On September 11, 2017, First District Health Unit from Minot conducted a School Inspection, they also completed an Environmental Health Inspection of the BPS Food Service Program. I am proud to say that both inspections were completed with both programs getting very good reports. Our custodians and food service personnel work very hard at what they do and it is great to see this type of report and I hope that it reassures you as parents and guardians that we are working hard to assure student safety.

The school has had requests for students to be dropped off at locations other than their residence for various activities and events. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate these requests. I know that at times our buses may look like they have room for more students, our buses are full when they leave the school and we just can’t overload the buses to accommodate all the requests received.

Some of the activities that have occurred this month are:

1. Eric Genius Concert was held in the auditorium on Sept. 10th, proceeds went towards the Food Pantry.
  2. FCCLA Planning Meeting was held in the auditorium on Sept. 13th
  3. Missoula Children’s Theater held performances on Sept. 15th & 16th in the auditorium.
  4. Lifetouch was here on Friday the 22nd to take individual student/staff pictures.

Future activites that are coming are:

1. Health/Safety and Public Relations Committee will be conducting a School Walk Through on October 4, 2017.
  2. Our Career and Technical Education Programs will be going through a 5-year evaluation on October 11th and 12th, I am eager to review the outcome!
  3. Our Bus Drivers will be participating in a mandatory Defensive Driving Course on October 11, 2017

I am very pleased with how this school year has begun.  I have not been in the classrooms as much as I have wanted, but I will make every attempt to get more of this worked into my day! Remember that there is no school on October 19th and 20th, these are the mandated Teachers Convention Days, also just a reminder to enjoy the 31st, but more importantly, keep your children safe on Halloween while Trick or Treating!